Friday 23 January 2015

A Vintage Journey - Love is in the Air

Love is in the Air
 Fabulous new challenge perfectly timed for Valentines Day
I have long wanted to produce a project based on Tim Holtz Heart and Soul project
So Astrid's challenge theme was the perfect opportunity
 I started by applying DecoArt Texture Sand to one of Finnabairs altered frames 
Once dry I applied Elegant Finish Metallic paint Shimmering Silver 
 The back panel was lined with Lost and found paper, and distresses with Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges
 The paper mache heart was covered in embossed foil tape with Tim’s rivet texture fades, this is easier to do cutting into smaller pieces
 Coloured with alcohol inks Butterscotch, Red peppermint, Espresso, Oregano, Pitch black
 & Sunset orange by dropping and allowing them to merge together
 Also applied to the silver finish on the frame and base and spread this with a pad with Alcohol Blending Solution
  I cut the heart s from chipboard using Tims mini hearts movers and shapers, then applied Crackle Paste
I painted with Cadmium Red, Quinacridone Gold and Burnt Umber acrylics


 I have to admit that alcohol inks were my first love of Tim’s products and I never fail to be amazed by the effects that can be achieved by them
I love the finished texture and colour effect here when combined with Texture Sand and Silver paint 
I drilled holes into the base of the frame to hang swivel clasps, and attached a variety of Idea-ology items, Word Keys, Locket Keys, Star from the Metal Charm Pack, Cash Keys, Heart Charms
and a number of charms relating to fishing which is my beloved passion and this is a gift for him
Letters from Tim's Alpha Tiles and the wings from Regal Adornments
I hope you have enjoyed my project, please pop back to A Vintage Journey to visit all the Creative Guides blogs for lot's of fabulous inspiration

Jools : )

20 comments:

  1. I love this piece! Everything is so well put together and gorgeous! You man will be so happy to receive this gift. Awesome! TFS! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jools, this is simply wonderful. When I first saw it I thought it was slightly outrageous!
    For me that is a good thing. I love everything about it. Such original thinking and creating.

    Hugs, Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This metal frame is SO awesome Jools - especially after you worked your magic on it! love the heart and all the hanging charms - this is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this project, so steampunk!!!!! heaven!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! All your clever techniques combined to perfection, just stunning!! The hanging charms are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an imaginative and creative piece Jools, I absolutely adore it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation Jools; love the altered frame and both hearts are wonderful. Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one incredible project, Jools! Love what you did with the paper mache heart and all the hanging little embellishments! Totally awesome! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great outcome, Jools! You have certainly made this project your own by adding great detail through the use of those alcohol inks and the embellishments you chose! Just amazing work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Jools love the whole feel of this piece.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a fabulous piece Jools - so imaginative. I just love love the metal heart! Amazing! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love visiting here... I know I'm always going to see something really exciting, brilliantly executed - another big WOW!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning artistic project, I could see this in a Art Gallery Jools, fantastic.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WoW! Jools this is an amazing piece of art. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So inventive! I love the metal beating heart and those wonderful charms. Creative and imaginative as ever. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is totally gorgeous! I love all the great details! Thanks for sharing how you created the piece.

    I know that it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow gorgeous love everything about it x Have a lovely evening

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! Just spotted this on AVJ and came to say hello. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Jools, what a fabulous creation! Love your foil covered heart and all your beautiful embellishiments.

    ReplyDelete