Thursday 27 February 2014

Stampotique Monochromatic

Feedback Friends
I painted an 8" x 8" piece of chipboard with DecoArt Carbon Black acrylic paint
Then applied DecoArt Weathered wood, once dry I applied Titanium white acrylic and waited for the cracks to appear

Once dry, I used a variety of  stencils, Andy Skinners Sunburst, Dylusions Chequered Dots, Studio Calico Circle Graph and Dutch Doobadoo Pop Art
I used vary shades of grey starting with the lightest first gradually getting darker

I stamped Stampotique Friend, and felt that he needed more friends
To achieve the feedback effect, I stamped again onto acetate and scanned
I could then resize the image and duplicate and reprinted onto acetate and overlaid

11 comments:

  1. Love the look you acheived! Very cool GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous Jools, I love the effect. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible perspective Jools, love the processes you went through to achieve the cracked tunnel effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I love this Jools what a brilliant effect, stunning!!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so I'm reading this and thinking what ideas can I squirrel away for later, but then you lost me at scanning lol. This is absolutely gorgeous Jools, a true work of art. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! What a beautiful background and idea Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jools :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever project, reminds me of old Dr Who programmes where people were travelling back in time.

    Awesome ArT Jools :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is really trippy and cool-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being the Stampotique Design Team Favorite this week, Jools! Very deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, amazing depth and dimension you created - this is fabulous! Sorry I'm on catch-up yet again...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete